Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Parker

My little groundhog turned 6 today. He was super pumped to get to stay home on his birthday (another day off from school). I had promised him a special lunch earlier this week so even though the roads were icy out we ventured to McDonald's for a special birthday lunch. While we were there the power went out (from the rolling blackouts we experienced all day). Luckily we had already ordered and just got out food. I was getting our drinks ready when it went out so we had to do without until it came back on.
He was so patient waiting for Brandon to get home all day so he could open his presents. As soon as Brandon walked in the door that's exactly what he did.











The birthday boy also got to pick out his special dinner. At first he wanted McDonald's again. I explained to him that not everyone likes McDonald's as much as he does, so maybe we could do something else. His second choice was Chick-Fil-A. Better, but not what I had in mind. We finally made him choose somewhere we could all go and sit and enjoy a meal. We ended up ordering pizza and staying home. Mimi and Poppy came over and joined us for dinner and another round of groundhog cupcakes.



I can't believe how fast time goes. It seems like yesterday that I was making these groundhog cupcakes for his 1st birthday. Hopefully he never gets too old to keep making them every year. It is a fun tradition and it doesn't hurt that they are really good!

No comments:

Post a Comment