Monday, March 7, 2011

Road Trippin

After trying to schedule time to make a visit to San Antonio I finally made a girls road trip last weekend. A family friend and one of Brandon's co-workers hooked us up with a 2 night stay at the Westin Riverwalk. Yea connections!!
I had a great time at dinner catching up with every one from our old stomping ground (Clarissa, Stephanie, Jennifer, Merideth, Kelley, and Valerie) and was grateful to have my besties from Dallas come with me.





Day 2 of our trip we headed out for a fun day of shopping and sight seeing on the riverwalk downtown. We went to an old favorite, Charming Charlie's, and spent time (and money) looking at the all the cute jewelry, handbags, and accessories. We stopped by Zinc wine bar downtown for a happy hour drink before heading back to the hotel to get ready for a night out on the town.


We had dinner that night at Iron Cactus on the river and then walked over to Leapin Lizards to end the night. I had such a great time seeing great friends and having a chance to spend some much needed girl time with Kristi and Libby. 


Lastly, during my weekend trip I had three different experiences that told me my brother Justin was with me. First on the drive down I got a call from a 'Justin' at the Yard House to confirm our reservations for that night. Then while walking the river Saturday we came across 'Justin's Ice Cream Shop'. Finally Saturday night at Leapin Lizards the bartender had on a hat that said 'Justin Boots'.  Of course I had to snap a quick picture.







1 comment:

  1. So glad I got to see you! Wish I could've partied with ya. A trip up there or back down here is def going to have to be in the works after this baby is born! I need a margarita! I love that you saw so much of "Justin" with you...I'm thinking he likes San Antonio! Miss you pal!

    ReplyDelete