Much time had past since Parker first gave bike riding without training wheels a try. I think it was back during the summer actually. Last weekend (after many persuasive conversations) Parker finally agreed to give it a try. I told him I would hold on to the bike as long as he wanted and he could tell me when to let go. Not a few seconds on he said "let go" and he took off. I was shocked! I was expecting this to be a long trial of falls and tears and frustration, but he did great.
Once he was comfortable keeping his balance we worked on stopping, turning, and how to get going on his own. He had it all down in an hours time. Meanwhile Carter and Ryder kept themselves entertained on the Green Machine.
He is asking to ride his bike after school now and wants to ride it down the street to his friends house. I think the peer pressure of seeing his friends riding with out training wheels may have been a deciding factor to get it down. Whatever the case, I'm glad he did it! That night after dinner we went to Braum's for ice cream to celebrate!! YUM! Way to go Parker!!
Go Parker!
ReplyDelete