Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Merry Christmas

Its hard to believe that Christmas has already arrived. Time has flown by especially since I've gone back to work.
Our Christmas holiday started with Christmas parties at each of the boys schools. Since school got out early for me I was able to catch the end of Carter and Parker's party at their school. Parker's class had a fun time making reindeer hats and eating pizza and cookies.


Carter's class had the usual sweet treats and games. The older you get the more "too cool" for pictures at school you become. So no pictures. Lastly, the boys and I headed over to Ryder's school for his party. By the time I got there he was double fisting a cupcake and cookie. He was having fun to say the least.
Before we left I did manage to snap a quick picture with his teachers Ms. Ann and Ms. Felicia.




Christmas Eve we made our usual visit to Grammy and Grandpas. All the boys had a fun time opening presents and spending time with family. Maddie was there to open presents with us too.






For months the only thing Carter has said he wants for Christmas isMadden '12. Well all his dreams came true tonight. As you can see he was extremely happy when he opened his gift from G and G. 




Once we got home we started making cookies for Santa. While they were baking Parker headed out to sprinkle the reindeer food for Rudolph and his friends.







Once the children were all nestled and snug in their beds, Brandon and I got some much needed sleep. We knew it was going to be an early morning. Surprisingly it was only 7:17 when Parker came in and woke me up with a sweet "Merry Christmas Mom, Santa came." Before we opened Santa's gifts (motorized scooters, basketball goal, games and more) we opened up family gifts under the tree. 




 A few weeks ago I caught the boys talking about presents and what they wanted and they were trying to get the other to tell what each one got for each other. Parker jokingly told Carter he got him underware. I decided that it would be funny to make good on the joke. I bought some girls underpants and wrapped them on top of his real present from P, a Dallas Cowboys Jersey.  At first Carter was embarrassed but he was a good sport about it and even let me take a picture.


 One of Ryder's obsessions is shoes. I can't imagine where he got that from? :) I thought this would be the perfect time to give him his first pair of cowboys boots. He loved them and wore them a good portion of the day with his pj's. Here he is showing them off.


 Once we had opened all our presents we packed up and headed over to Mimi and Poppy's for Christmas  with the rest of the family including Amy, Donnie, Katie, John, and Luke... a.k.a "the jokers"

















After opening presents and eating breakfast it was time to open up some of the gifts and get to playing.We always enjoy when the whole crew can get together. The cousins love to play with each other.



Christmas ended with everyone gathering at our house to watch some football in the new media room (post to follow soon) and the kids playing with more toys. And of course what better way to end the night than with a sleep over. 



Poor Ryder wanted to sleep with the big kids so badly on the floor but we knew that he wasn't quite ready for that. He insisted he sleep on the floor in his room. Such a sweetie. I snapped this picture of the moment and then moved him to his bed for a comfy night sleep.  It was going to be a big day tomorrow... Six Flags Holiday in the Park!




1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guy had a very Merry Christmas! Miss you pal! I want to come to Dallas soon!

    ReplyDelete