Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year

Last night we rang in the new year with a great group of friends. Its one of my favorite things about being back home. It was a fun night for both the grown ups and the kids. Ryder wanted to have a grown up glass, with apple juice of course. I even gave him a little charm to put around the bottom. I tried to teach him how to give a cheers with the glasses. Instead of saying cheers he said "cling". By the way the glasses were plastic flutes I found at Target in the clearance aisle.


We knew it was going to be impossible to let the littlest ones stay up. They hung in there like champs as long as they could. As you can see Ry had a good time playing dress up. The older kids played games and watched movies to pass the time.






Just before the clock struck midnight we called the kids down to snap a few pictures to remember the occasion. The kids were so excited to get to stay up late and celebrate with us.



After counting down the new year the kids (and adults) celebrated by popping a few small fireworks. I'm not sure who enjoyed the pop its more, the kids or adults. Either way it was all in good fun. 





And, while we were outside, my neighbors stopped by to wish us a happy new year. Another great thing about being back home.... the new friends we have made!



Happy New Year - I can't wait to see what 2012 has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment