Monday, January 7, 2013

Skating

During the break Amy and I decided to take the kids to a skating rink. Our white Christmas was keeping the temperatures down and this seemed like a fun thing to do indoors.
The older boys had skated before at birthday parties. They aren't the best at it but they enjoy it. This was Ryder's first time to give skating a try. I paid to have a " trainer" for him to push around thinking this would help. Well, it didn't. He wanted me to carry him around the rink. It took a lot of persuading but I finally convinced him to let me skate behind him and help him. It took forever to get around the rink and my back was killing me by the time we made it around! Amy managed to snap a picture of us. Notice the lack of excitement on his face.

By the way we tried to take pictures of the other boys skating but because they were actually moving at a pace that was faster than a turtle all their pictures came out blurry.





1 comment: