We stayed at an adult only resort, Excellence Playa Mujeres. I highly recommend a vacation at a resort with no children. Its definitely the way to go when you want to get away.
I was a bit apprehensive about going for a whole week. Its the longest we've ever gone on vacation away from the boys. But, I knew they were in good hands.
Since we were at the beach there wasn't much to do with our day other then lay by the pool, get a tan, and partake in the many variety of beverages. I did finally give into the peer pressure and played a game of pool volleyball. Brandon and Jack got in a game of ping pong and beach soccer with Bryan and the girls Libby and Kristi.
We even came up with our own pool games to pass the time. Who doesn't love a good game of pool tag? Brandon and the guys had hand-stand competitions. And what would pool games be without sharks and minnows or relay races.
Every night we choose one of the many yummy restaurants to eat at. During our stay we had tapas, hibachi, mexican, indian and italian. One of the best things about dinner was dessert even though I only ate dessert at one of the restaurants. Fried ice cream, YUM! Brandon did enjoy the mexican coffee that was made table side. I'm not sure how they get away with calling it coffee. Its a lethal combination of alcohol and a splash of espresso set on fire and mixed together.
Of course we had a small present for each of them when we got home. Ryder got a wooden toy flute. Not sure if that was the best idea. It is a little loud, but it was hard finding something for him. The boys each got a ceramic lizard. They have already started painting them. Once they are done we are going to hang them outside on the brick under our back patio.






No comments:
Post a Comment