Sunday, November 6, 2011

Happy Birthday

Today, October 23rd, is my brother's birthday. Justin would be 27 today. Celebrating his birthday today made me remember a special birthday of his ten years ago. Brandon and I took him to the drag races in Ennis. It was something he had talked about wanting to go do. For his 17th birthday we got him tickets. We got up very early the morning of the races and drove out to the track. One of our most memorable moments of that day was when we decided to unknowingly walk behind one of the top fuel cars that was "burning" its fuel. Talk about feeling like you were being poisoned. Our eyes instantly started watering and it was hard to breath. We couldn't do anything but laugh at ourselves. No wonder a crowd of people had gathered around and weren't walking by. We were the only dumbies that day willing to try. Brandon and I still talk about that day and laugh.
Here is a picture of Justin and I leaving for the races early that morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment