Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hunting Trip

After a delicious Thanksgiving lunch the boys went to Poppy's deer lease for a hunting adventure. They spent four days roughing it and I mean roughing it! Nowhere else can a chair be used as a seat and an outdoor toilet.



It was too cold to hunt the first morning, but in afternoon the boys split up and went to the stands with Poppy and "Uncle Al". I think they were good luck because they each came back with a kill. Poppy shot a buck and Al shot a doe. According to Parker, he helped Al find it. I'm sure the deer feeder throwing out corn didn't hurt either:) 



Each day I called to check-in on things and got to hear all about the amazing things they were doing. During the day between going out on hunts the boys found ways to keep themselves busy. They got creative and turned the deer skinner into a swing, Carter found a "camo" rock, and Parker found a broken antler. 







It was nice for Brandon and I to only have to manage one child but after 4 days I was ready for my boys to come home. I really missed having them around. They had so much fun and can't wait to do it again!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like Dad and the boys had fun at the lease! Reminds me of when we were little...

    ReplyDelete