Last Wednesday morning started out like all others. The kids were up and hungry and I am still half asleep. I had just pulled cinnamon rolls out of the oven as the two older boys went upstairs to exchange their hot wheels out for different ones. As I was icing the cinnamon rolls I heard a loud crash followed by screams. I went around the corner to check out the commotion and was met at the bottom of the stairs by Carter and Parker both screaming as Parker was covered in blood front and back. I quickly got Parker into the tub to get him off the floor and get him somewhere I could assess the situation. I quickly took a look at the back of Parkers head and saw a sizable gash.
Of course Brandon was out of town in California. He always manages to miss the excitement. Anyhow, I called my mom to come over as I scrambled around the house. Did I mention this is like 8:00 in the morning and we are all still in our pajamas?
Parker and I made our way to the ER. The PA took a look at it and quickly determined he would need some staples. Yes, staples. After hearing that he was going to have staples in his head Parker became very worried about what was to come. So for the next 45 min while we waited for the numbing medication to take affect I was constently asked what it was going to feel like. He was defenitly a worried little boy.
Two hours later with 2 staples in the back of Parker's head we were headed home to take it easy for the remainder of the day.
On the way home he asked me "mom aren't you glad we got that over with?" As if this was a predetermined event he had planned for the day. AHHH!!
I am hoping that this will be a good deterrent and the boys will take a break from the silliness for a while. We shall see.
Nine days later we headed back to the ER to have the staples removed. This was much easier and less painful. And Parker was one happy camper to have them gone!


No comments:
Post a Comment