Yes, my baby is 2! I really can't believe how fast it is all flying by. It doesn't seem that long ago that I was giving my self injections each day just to have this little miracle and now he's gone and grown up on me. It really makes me sad to think that my "baby" days with him are coming to an end.
Instead of having a party we decided to take a family vacation that would be fun for everyone and special for Ry's birthday. On Saturday we headed down to Galveston for the beach. Fun in the Sun!!
This was Ryder's first beach experience. He LOVED it!! Two days of beach fun and no nap for the little man. He was a true trooper!
We ended our first night with a yummy dinner at Landry's Seafood. Then it was to the hotel for some much needed rest after a long drive and busy day at the beach. I'm just gonna say this about the hotel...We will not be staying there again.
We finally managed to get to sleep and woke up ready for another great day. After all it was Ryder's birthday!
Have I mentioned how much I love him and how sad it makes me that he's growing up?!
We spent so much time in swim suits that both Parker and Ryder were chapped on the inside of their legs from wet swim suits rubbing them. So the second day I brought the desitin to the beach with us just to put a barrier between Ry and the water. I used it myself a few times on my face to help with my heat rash I got the first day. We even ripped the linning of the suit out and let him go without a swim diaper just to keep him comfortable. And yes if your wondering he did drop a duece at the beach but we were right on top of it and scooped it up with the sand and deposited it in the trash quickly. After a lot of time on the sand we decided to go back to the hotel, rinse all the sand off, and take a swim in the pool.
That night we had a fun birthday dinner planned at Rainforest Cafe. And since Kimberly is living in Galveston while she finishes here PA degree we were able to meet up with her.
After dinner we had the waiter bring out their special flaming volcano dessert. I gave the waiter two candles to put on top before hand. We sang our little man happy birthday and he blew out his candles, sort of. He did need a little help. Then, a little boy sitting at the table behind us came over with a stuffed duck that he won playing a game there at RFC and asked us if it was ok for him to give it to Ryder. What a sweet gesture. Ryder loved it. He immediately started talking to it and hugging it :) It stayed with him the rest of the night.
Early the next morning we got up and headed back home. It was two quick days, but well worth it. I think next year we will try to do something similiar. It was a great way to spend a few summer days and made for one special birthday.



No comments:
Post a Comment